Skip to content
- On average, Americans receive 605 emails and 16.8 pieces of mail every week.
- For roughly every 36 emails you receive on average, you get 1 piece of mail in your mailbox.
- The average lifespan of an email is 17 seconds, compared to direct mail’s average lifespan of 17 days.
- 73% of American consumers say they prefer being contacted by brands via direct mail because they can read it whenever they want.
- 58% of the mail American households receive is marketing mail.
- 59% of US respondents say they enjoy getting mail from brands about new products.
- 60% of catalog recipients visit the website of the company that mailed them the catalog.
- Up to 90% of direct mail gets opened, compared to only 20-30% of emails.
- Prospects are 15% more likely to respond to an oversized mail piece if they have never done business with you.
- Per USPS, 98% of people check their mail daily and Americans spend upwards of 30 minutes with their mail on a single occasion.
- 68% of marketing respondents said combining digital and direct mail increased website visits.
- 60% of marketing respondents said combining digital and direct mail increased ROI.